Bridges are the most wonderful creation of civil engineers.The first ever bridge was constructed centuries back, known as Adam’s bridge (RAMA SETU or RAMA’ Bridge).
This Technozion we have brought you a challenge to design and develop one of your own truss bridge using basic knowledge of mechanics, so come up with some innovative ideas of bridge design & let’s see whether your bridge is good enough to take you the other shore.
Design & fabricate a truss bridge which can carry weight upto 500 times of it’s own.
- This round includes questions belonging to different aspects (example: questions can be harmoniously dealt with questions on basic knowledge on trusses, general tactics etc) and the candidates can participate in pairs.
- Short listed teams are allowed to construct their bridge models with the help of popsicle sticks(Ice cream sticks).
- Certain rules are to be followed during this round.
Testing of constructed bridges:
- In this round testing is done in Material Testing lab and the candidates with bridge models that can resist a weight 500 times greater than the self weight are awarded
Efficiency should be maximum.
e= maximum bearable load/dead weight of bridge
Deflection in bridge should be minimum.
Based on two above two factors the winner will be declared.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1) No googling will be allowed during the screening test
2) Come in a team of 2-3 members. Not more than 3 members will be allowed for a team.
3) Once you have fixed the design of the truss bridge, no major changes will be allowed in the design while fabricating, otherwise points will be deducted.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
· Q1 Is any pre registration is required?
Ans If possible , do the registration , although onspot registration can be done
· Q2 Do we have prepare the model/bridge before hand itself?
Ans No, u have to prepare the model on spot.
· Q3 Will the material like popsicle sticks, fevicol & other stationary will be provided?
Ans Yes, materials will be provided to you on spot
· Q4 What kind of questions will be asked in screening round?
Ans It will be related to basic engineering mechanics & truss design