"So your dad never bought you that remote car you always wanted?
Time to show your dad that you can make yourself one."
Drive fly or float its WRECKAGE!!!
Technozion'17 Presenting WRECKAGE, the RC car event, where the mainstream catchy traffic slogans do not mean a thing. Gear up your thoughts to build a RC car and prove your mettle against other racers on the track. The head banging music and the pumped up audience will definitely bring out your best.
Make a wireless remote controlled car, powered by an IC engine, which is capable of moving on varying off-road terrain with wide range of obstacles.
The track will be an all-terrain track littered with sharp turns and big jumps.
The car should be able to cross bumps, rough patches, tunnels, inclined planes on the track and outdo the opponent’s car while maintaining its stability and not compromising with its pace.
There will be a qualifying session with each team getting two successive laps out of
which the faster lap will be considered. The top teams from the qualifying rounds will
make it to the second round and it is based on 3:4 ratio.
This round will be announced on the day of event.
It is one-on-one knockout tournament for qualified 2 teams each
Final stage with two successive laps (both laps time will be considered) and winner will be
- A team may consist of at least 2 members and should not exceed more than 5 members. It is not mandatory for all the members of a team to be from the same educational institution.
- Teams may participate with only one car. Only team members can drive the car. Participants shall not be allowed to be part of more than one team.
- There is no restriction to the number of teams participating from same educational institute.
The students must carry valid student ID cards of their college which they will be required to produce at the time of registration.
Each participant must be a full time student enrolled in an undergraduate or post graduate program from any recognized university or college. Any professional body consisting of members other than students are not allowed in this competition.
In case if the participant found that violating the eligibility criteria , the team will be disqualified immediately.
The machine should only be propelled by an IC engine of maximum capacity 4.6cc. The engine must have throttle control as well.
The fuel should have the constituents: methanol, castor oil/synthetic oil, nitro methane. The percentage of nitro methane should not exceed 20% by volume in the fuel. If a filter is being used in the fuel line, only one may be used.
The entire vehicle must fit inside a box of dimensions 550mm x 400mm x 350mm (excluding the antenna).
It is mandatory to have an on board power supply system to power the servos and at no point of time should the voltage of the power supply be greater than 12V.
CLUTCH AND BRAKES:
- As the track may contain some loose sand, it is very likely that wheel speed will vary to a large extent. The engine may die out if the rpm goes below a certain limit.
- Therefore, participants are strongly advised to incorporate a clutch and a brake in their designs.
- Please note that these are not mandatory but are advised for maneuverability.
- The machine has to be necessarily controlled by a wireless remote control system.
- Note that participants are required to bring 2 remote controls of distinct frequencies or a dual frequency remote control. This is done by changing the crystal used in the remote and in the servo controller. The frequency is mentioned on the crystal.
- Note also the teams will have to control three components of the car viz. the engine throttle, steering and brake system(if used).
- All vehicles must have an exhaust system that directs the exhaust parallel to the ground or directly to the ground.
- Silencers must be intact while the vehicle is running.
- The vehicle may have any number of wheels organized in any orientation as long as it fits the overall dimension box.
- The tires must have a minimum diameter of 3 inch. You are advised to use tires of good width for better performance on dirt tracks.
- Gears, differential gear, engine, springs, shock absorbers, servo motors (non-propulsion purposes only), batteries, wheels, wheel hub are allowed to be used as available in the market.
- It is mandatory to design and manufacture the following parts of the machine - Chassis, Steering mechanism (heim joints and the steering rods), shock towers and suspension arms. You may also incorporate an anti-roll bar and impact attenuators (bumpers) for safety of your vehicles in case a collision occurs.
No reverse gear mechanism should be used to back drive/reverse the buggy.
The participants must place their RC cars at the start line before starting of the race. Any RC car starting beforehand will be given a warning and will be allowed to restart. However if they repeat the false start again then the run will be disqualified.
-Only the operator shall stand on the controlling ramp.
-Every time the vehicle needs to be lifted or reset either due to its stalling, tumbling or running off the track, it shall be placed at nearest previous checkpoint.
-The vehicle cannot be touched for any other reason barring those stated above. The vehicle must remain intact throughout the race.
-Teams are not allowed to purposefully damage the machine of the opponent's team. If found doing so on track (while racing), the concerned team will be disqualified. Execution of this rule will be subjective and relies completely on judge's discretion.
-The machines are not allowed to leave any loose parts on any part of the arena. Any machine disintegrating during the race will be disqualified
Teams creating issues or interfering with organiser's set of rules will be disqualified immediately
Teams will be randomly selected, If you are racing against your own team, you have to heed and follow as per the schedule. Trying to manipulate the organiser for your gain can result in Disqualification.
Judging is basically made by considering three aspects mainly:
Design : In design we consider design report, new innovations, Chassis, steering mechanism, shock towers and suspension
Manufacturing: Adherence to machine specifications and proper manufacturing of the buggy
Racing : Race track performance
- Adherence to rules in design and manufacturing will be considered while short listing for second rounds.
- The final round is solely based on race track performance.
*** The coordinators reserve the rights to change any of the above rules as they deem fit. You are advised to regularly check the website for updates.