Design and make a wireless remote controlled aircraft, which has all three degrees of freedom i.e. along X, Y and Z axis and that can complete a specified path in the least specified time.
Event consists of two rounds.
Round 1(preferably on day one): Aircraft is supposed to complete the arena and land safely in the landing zone. People who qualify in the 1st round will be selected for second round.
Round 2(preferably on day two): In this round participants are given freedom to choose their own manoeuver which are awarded with different points depending on their complexity.
There are some manoeuvers available for the participants.
The timer will start from the moment the aircraft is in the air.
Aircraft is supposed to complete the arena and land safely in the landing zone
- Participants will have to hand-launch their aircraft from within the launching zone.
- The number of poles will be 3 or 4 (will be decided by judge).
- The aircraft should be launched in the direction shown in the figures.
- The launching and landing zones would be circles of 20-meter radii.
- Distance between pole 1 and pole 2 is 35 meters
- Distance between pole 2 and pole 3 is 45 meters
- Distance between pole 3 and landing zone is 40 meters
- The path will be decided by the judge and will be informed to all the teams beforehand
In this round participants are given freedom to choose their own manoeuver which are awarded with different points depending on their complexity.
There are around 20-30 manoeuvers available for the participants (will be given on day one) which they can perform any number of manoeuver. marks are awarded based on complexity and time taken.
The timer will start from the moment the aircraft is in the air.
The decision of the judge will be final.
Marks will not be shown to any teams.
ROLLING LOOP & ROLLING CIRCLE
Some manoeuvers (will be updated).
All the manoeuvers are decided by the judge itself. Should not question the judge about it.
So come prepared with the manoeuvers.
Email id: email@example.com
An aircraft is defined as an object that has the four forces of flight, namely lift, drag, weight (gravity) and thrust.
- The wing span of the aircraft should be anything less than or equal to 60 inches.
- The voltage of the battery should not exceed 12 V or that of 3 cell Li-Po battery or equivalent
- The weight of the aircraft should be minimum as judging will be done based on the weight also
- The use of launching mechanisms is prohibited. The aircraft should be hand launched.
- The use of IC engines is prohibited. Only electrical motors are allowed.
- The participants are free to use the materials of their choice. However, the use of Balsa wood or foam (sun board) or sun pack is advisable. Balsa wood is light, easy to handle and fabricate the Aircraft making it the best choice.
- Participants must make all parts of the aircraft themselves. Usage of Ready-to-Fly (RTF) and Almost-Ready-to-Fly (ARF) kits is strictly prohibited. However, the kit comprising of unassembled cut-pieces of Balsa wood is allowed. Also use of readymade actuators/motors, remote controls and propellers is allowed.
Use of gyroscopes (gyros) is prohibited.
If anyone found not following above rules will be disqualified.
- Participant has to hand launch the aircraft from the launching zone and has to complete the path as specified in fig: and has to land inside the circle (points will be awarded for landing inside the circle) as shown.
- The participants will be given 2 runs per round to perform these tasks.
- The participants will be allowed a total of 3 chances to launch the aircraft in every run.
- A maximum time of 3 minutes per run will be given to perform the move.
- Each team can have a maximum of 5 members and minimum of 2 members and also all members may not be of same college.
- A team is liable for disqualification in any of the following situations:
1.If the plane does not follow the specifications.
2. If the RC PLANE design is different from the one submitted in the abstract
- The transmitters of all the teams will have to be deposited with the coordinators to prevent frequency clashes. Your cooperation is required for a healthy and better competition.
- The use of RTF (ready-to-fly) and ARF (almost-ready-to-fly) kits are strictly prohibited.
- The coordinators cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising due to the weather. However, necessary steps will be taken to ensure a fair competition.
- The organizers reserve all rights to change any or all of the above rules as they deem fit. Change in any rule, if any, will be highlighted on the website.
- The decision of the judges will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The rounds are conducted in given specified time, if any team could not make in time inform beforehand. We request you to be on time .so rounds can be conducted in front of all the teams. no disputes occur further.
- Certificates will be issued after completion of the event.
It will be based on:
- Time Taken
- Safe Landing
In case of a tie: The team which has obtained more points in the manoeuver round will be ranked higher.
Any changes in the rules regulation will be updated on the website.
The Objective of this whole competition is to judge the knowledge and skills of the all the participants, on the basis of which the winners of the Quad Copter Championship will be declared. Build your Quad copter to travel from source to destination crossing various interruptions, hurdles etc. along the path of journey.
The Quad copter event is open to the students of all the Departments and no restrictions over the branch and year of studying. A team having real GUTS to face and overcome the tasks provided below with specifications can take part.
Build your Quadcopter to travel from source to destination crossing various interruptions, hurdles, etc., along the path of journey.
Skills to be tested:
4. Team Work
1. Quad Frame
2. Radio Devices
3. Stabilization Unit
4. BLDC Motors
- Can contain maximum of 2 Axis.
- Relaxation is given with Manual or Autonomous mode of operation depends on the ease of access of the teams.
- Non-Retractable landing gears should fix with the dimensions.
- Retractable Landing gears can be used in this case make sure that the Quadcopter can fly in the hurdles without getting any accidents.
- Relaxation is given in case of Retractable Landing Gears but they are not exceeding 100mm from the prescribed dimensions.
- Hooking Arrangement for carrying the secret materials.
- GPS Sensors
- Altitude Locking Mechanism such as IR Sensors, Ultra Sound Sensors, etc.
- The complete quadcopter should fix inside the box of dimension 625x625x625 (lxbxh). All dimensions are in mm.
- The dimension includes the Gimbal arrangement and the Landing skids. The relaxation will be provided as per the specifications.
- The secret material (Pay Load) to the quadcopter will be in the weight ranging from Minimum of 100grams to Maximum of 250grams depending upon the final status.
- There is no restriction in making use of the Quad frame material or the Ratings of the BLDC Motors, Electronic Speed Controllers, Propellers, Batteries and Weight of the Quadcopter.
- READY MADE TOY QUADCOPTER KITS ARE STRICTLY RESTRICTED.
- The link which would help you build a quadcopter is provided here –
RULES & REGULATIONS-
- Quadcopters are to be built according to the specified dimensions.
- The hurdles will be built according to the dimensions of the Quad; no relaxation is provided in case of dimensions except specified case.
- The performance of the Quads in all the Stages/Arena will be evaluated individually.
- The Quadcopter performing EXCELLENT in all the stages overall when put together is declared as WINNER.
- A team can take part with one Quad.
- Replacement of the parts of Quad will be allowed in case only if accident occurs.
- Timers will be paused only at the Checkpoints, and NOT at the Stage/Arena at any cause (Timeouts are provided according to the Problem arise during flight).
- The retrace of a particular Stage/Arena is entertained with some negative points if the problem cannot be troubleshooter/accidents.
- Individual participation in flying session of the team members will also be evaluated.
- If the Quad is found making damage to the arena, Judges reserve rights to eliminate a particular Stage/Check Point/Complete Participation.
- At the time of Registration, teams will be provided with a registration number. All communication will be done as per the registration number.
- The organizers reserve right to change any or all of the above rules as they deem fit. Change in rules if any will be highlighted in the website.
- NO QUADCOPTERS WILL BE GIVEN FROM THE ORGANIZERS SIDE FOR TAKING PART IN THE COMPETITIONS. TEAMS DECIDING TO TAKE PART SHOULD BRING THEIR OWN QUADCOPTERS AND ALL REQUIRED ACCESORRIES.
- A team should comprise of minimum of 1 member and maximum 3 members.
- It is not mandatory that all the members in a group should be from the same institute.
- A team should bring all the required materials.
- No test practice will be allowed in the competition arena but they are provided with separate arena.
- Any team that is not ready at the time specified even after relaxation according to the problem occurred will be eliminated from the competition.
- Participants should not have any objection on the predefined rules.
- Participants shall not be allowed to be part of more than one team.
- Properly check for the complete firm connection of Quadcopter before entering competition.
- The Teams are sole responsible for all the materials they bring for the competition.
- Judges will not be responsible for the accidents/damage that occurs to quadcopter during the competition.
- No claims for any participant’s materials shall be entertained.
- Judge's decision shall be treated as final and binding on all and sundry.
- Arguments are strongly discouraged.
- Judges reserve all rights to eliminate the participation of any teams who indulge in any informal activities.
- The whole championship arena is divided into various stages of evaluation.
- The flying of quadcopter will be from the specific Source to Destination.
- There are specific check points where the teams will be given relaxation and the teams can make use of the checkpoints for changing the batteries, adjusting gains, calibration of sensors, etc.
- There will be enough time provided for the teams to charge the batteries at the completion of every stage. The requirement of time of charging the batteries during the conduct of competition will not be entertained.
- The teams can skip the stages in which they think it is not possible for them to complete.
INDIVIDUAL AND MULTIPLE TAKE OFF & LANDING
- During this stage the teams will be given multiple takeoff and landing over specific points marked regions.
- The performance will be evaluated like smoothness of taking off and landing on the region, which consists points, distortions in quad, vibrations, etc.
- Multiple takeoff and landing will be given in the plain and uneven ground level.
- Multiple quadcopters will be allotted the specific locations and the evaluation will be made on the group performance of piloting.
- This stage meets the perfection in the stability of the quadcopter.
- During this stage the quadcopter has to travel through the gaps in the huge sized ladder.
- An obstacle arena will be constructed using rings, walls, tunnels etc.,
- The teams must go through the designed course without coming in contact with any of the obstacles.
- Points will be awarded based on the time taken for the completion of the course.
- The faster they complete the course, the higher they score.
- The whole course has a time limit of 5 minutes.
- Every team starts out with 600 points, when the timer starts their points start decreasing as the time increases. For every second two points will be reduced.
- In case any tie occurring in between the teams during the overall evaluation then the Formula racing of the respective teams will be given.
- The task is like a knock out race.
- The team crossing the finish line at first will be awarded winner and the second with the next corresponding position.
NOTE: Any changes in the rules regulation will be updated on the website.