This is a general/fun event wherein qualities like critical thinking/aptitude/reasoning abilities/ team work/management skills will be tested. People will be asked to come in groups of 2-3 members and the same team will be maintained throughout the game. There will be three rounds taking place on each day of the fest.
The three rounds are described as follows:-
Round 1: Aptitude Test
The teams will be given a total of 25 questions that need to be answered in a time of 30 minutes.
1 point will be given for every correct answer while partial marking system will be there wherever applicable.
The questions will be based on basic general knowledge, logical reasoning, verbal ability and quantitative reasoning.
A total of 15 teams will be selected for second round.
Round 2: Wrong Answer Only
In this round, each member of the team will be given a ball. He/she has to throw it to the other member (juggle). While they are at it, the members will have to answer a question alternatively such that the answer is wrong and completely irrelevant to the question.
1. A maximum of 15 questions will be asked.
2. If he/she gives wrong answer (which will be right in context of the game), one point will be awarded and for every correct answer (which will be wrong in context of the game), 0.5 points will be deducted.
3. If any member is not able to catch the ball, one question will be reduced.
A total of 7 teams will be selected for the third and the last round.
Round 3: Brain and Fate
In this round, each of the selected teams will be given one of seven pre-selected categories based on chit system. There will be an 8th category as well, which will be open for all.
1. A total of 10 questions will be there for each category.
2. For every correct answer 2 points will be awarded with partial marks awarded wherever applicable. However, for every incorrect answer 0.5 points will be deducted.
3. After all the teams are done, the points for each team will be revealed. But the twist is , teams at the bottom can make up in the questions from 8th category. There will be a total of 15 questions in the last category and these questions will be based on all the 7 categories involved. The same point system will be applicable for this category too.
So after the 8th category is done, cumulative score will be found and winner will be decided accordingly.
The 8 genres are:-
1. Current Affairs.
2. Anime/TV shows/Movies.
3. Music-Entertainment-Literature-Arts (MELA).
5. Science and Technology.
1. Each team should have 2 or 3 members.
2. Use of mobile phones or any other electronic gadget during any round is strictly prohibited.
Round 1: Score. That's it.
Round 2: Again only the final score matters.
Round 3: Cumulative score is the only judging criteria here too.
Q) Is it open for all years?
Ans) Yes, it is open for all years.
Q) Is it necessary to come in teams of three?
Ans) No, it is not mandatory to come in teams. In case of shortage of members in a team we will try to arrange for the same.
Q) How to register for the event?
Ans) Online registrations will be there at <https://www.technozion.org> or you can register yourself at the site of the event (On-Spot registrations).
Q) Is there any registration fee?
Ans) No, it is absolutely free. Participate, ace the rounds and go back with lot of goodies.
Q) Do we need to bring a laptop?
Ans) No need to bring laptop. Just come with a pen.
Venue Name : NIT Warangal