Engineers are humans. Humans are creative artists. You see the connection! Use yourengineering skills, not for reasoning but for art. Build creative contraptions with unexpected mega climaxes. Play with water. Bend the path of fire. Light everything up in vivid colours. Let your imagination go out of control and justify the art “Contraption” as a creative engineering event, inviting models of tech spectacles from students. Step up with a unique design of a Meticulous Contraption with freaky special effects and make this Tz’18 the
biggest hit of all the tech-fests across the country. Be ready, coz' this time Technozion is going to give you a chance to build your art and experience the thrill of rolling marbles or falling dominos and enjoy of journey of energy conversions! Innovate! Build! Execute! Enjoy!
Round 1: Qualifying round
- This will be a qualifying session with each team getting atmost two chances of presentation of their contraption.
- Top 10 teams with maximum score adhering to the rules and regulations of the event will be qualifying for the second round.
- The duration of the first round will be 3 hours .
- Two qualifying rounds will take place on different time slots on the same day.
- Contraption must start by cutting a tread and end with marble coming out of the
- cup(initially marble should be in the cup)
- Round 2: The finale’
- The difficulty level and complexity of the contraption will be increased in round-2.
- The duration of the event will be 4 hours.
- Top three teams will be awarded with prizes.
- Contraption must start by using ignited match stick and end by bursting a ballon.
This is the maximum material that can be provided to a team. Please take only when it is needed, and return back what is not used. Do not waste any of the materials. You may be penalized otherwise. Please keep surroundings clean.
1 Cutting blades, 4 Paper cups, 1 Cardboards, 5-10 Rubber bands, 10 Straws, 10 ice cream sticks, 3 Balloons, 5m Thread, 10 Paper pins, 1 bottle Fevicol, 1Tape, 5 Marbles, ½ Thermocol, 20 Tooth pics,1 matchstick box.
NOTE:- YOU CAN USE YOUR OWN MATERIALS IS CONTRAPTION.
- Contraption has to operate for at least 30 seconds and 120 seconds at the most.
- The contraption should be as firm as possible.
- Each team can have minimum 2 and maximum 5 members.
- A space of 10 ft.*10 ft. will be provided to each team.
- The minimum number of energy conversions needed to achieve your goal must be (five).
- Hand touch is allowed only at the start then every hand touch will reduce points.
- Use of any dangerous or poisonous chemicals, combustible or explosive substances,high voltage or animals in the contraptions is forbidden.
Finally points of both rounds will be added.
- Total number of items involved in the contraption – 2 points each( the items do not include the supports or mounting used)
- Total number of different steps - 5 points each
(If a step is repeated then no. of repeated steps * 1 ) (eg: Repeating Newton cradle or Domino again )
- Each Vertical Loop: 30 pts
- Each horizontal Loop: 15 pts
- Extra points:
If the contraptions follows a specific theme (eg: Flow of time - a contraption showing the improvement in technology by gradually changing the materials used as the contraption progresses) -35 pts
If the contraption conveys a specific message -20 pts
- If contraptions has a Loop in the process (The Process coming back to the previous step but following a different path this time) - 30 pts
For parallel contraption - 30 pts (extra 20 pts if the parallel contraptions synchronize)
- For each energy conversion above 5 – 10 points each.
- Each hand touch will result in reduction of 20 pts.
NOTE: In finale for bursting balloon for each hand touch 60 pts will be reduced.
Q.How to register?
-On spot registration
For non-nitw participants :: your id proof of attending this fest enough for participation. For nitw students :: id card.
Q. Can a team have members from different colleges?
Students from different college can form a team.
Q. How many people can be there in one team?
One team can have minimum of 2 members and a maximum of 5 members.
Q. Time duration of event ?
-- its a two day event . 1st day part would be of 3 hrs and the teams that qualify for 2nd round , i.e , the other half is on 3rd day of TZ and time limit is 4hrs.
Q. Any Prerequisites ??
--none (except innovative thinking)
Q. What materials can be brought ?
--Apart from the material that will be provided at the spot , teams are allowed to bring materials that don't derive their functioning from electricity . Daya to day usable things would be sufficient and is preferred.