Staying afloat in the blue, in a series of challenges, in complexity, competing with RC boats at India’s one of the best science and technological festival, just a thought of that gives chill down your spine.
This year JAHAAZ gives you a chance to satisfy your speed thirst and to feel the experience, thrill, desire and passion towards RC Boat Racing. All you need to do is just gear up with your wireless remote controlled boats and compete against the best racers. Stay afloat, stay fast and stand above all as you maneuver your RC Boat through the challenging arena. Take a step ahead and listen to your heartbeat when your boat deals with obstacles and approaches towards victory and grab the Crown of JAHAAZ.
We await your arrival.
To construct a wireless boat (with electric motors) which needs to traverse the entire arena within the minimum time.
1. The boat should be fully remote controlled with onboard battery.
2. The minimum dimensions of the boat should be 30cm x 15cm (including rudder and propeller).
3. The maximum dimensions of the boat should be 50cm x 25cm (including rudder and propeller).
4. The boats hull must touch the surface of the water (i.e. you cannot build a hovercraft or submarine).
5. Only onboard power supply is allowed, no external power supply is allowed. Voltage difference between any two points on the boat should not exceed 12V.
6. The hull (the part which touches the water surface) should not be a readymade one.
7. There is no need for backward mechanism in the boat.
8. Boats cannot be constructed using readymade Lego kits or any readymade mechanism. Violating this clause will lead to the disqualification of the team.
Width of RC Boat should be uniform atleast 5cm.
Please try to construct the hull size of your boat as small much as possible. Because the pool where we are provided to built race track is having pipes underneath so if the boat hull size is big enough then it may cause some damage to the boat during the race .we are not responsible for this damage . Precautions taken from our side:
when it is about to reach the pipes we will be having some volunteers inside the pool to stop the boat and we will stop the timer as well and volunteers place the boat after the pipe and race will be resumed
Rules and regulations:
1. The number of team members allowed are 2-5 (Not necessarily from the same college).
2. The teams will have to submit their remotes before the start of the competition. Only those teams which submit their remotes will be allowed to participate. The remotes will be handed back to the team 2 minutes before the start of their match.
3. Laptops/personal computers are not allowed near the arena. Other Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. devices must be switched off.
4. The time measured by the organizers will be final and will be used for scoring the teams. Time measured by any contestant by any other means is not acceptable for scoring.
5. Once the boat enters the arena (into the water) the organizers are not responsible for any kind of malfunction or damage to the boat.
6. All the participants should carry a valid id card of their respective institutions.
7. The Jahaaz event managers decision will be final.
Judging criteria will be based on:
1. Time factor.
2. Number of obstacles.
3. Check points crossed.
Venue Name : NIT Warangal