“The true essence of being an engineer is the ability to be ‘The Creator’. An engineer can convert what a layman says as trash, into treasure.”
While our education system is only about ‘Remember, Produce and Forget’, here we provide you the platform to use your theoretical engineering knowledge creatively as a ‘True Engineer’. Limited resources, limited time and a problem to solve. That’s what ‘Junkyard wars’ is all about.
This is an event where you will have to work as a team to create some mechanism from the materials given in the junk pile. Take this engineering challenge, and test your skills. All that you need to have is some “Juggad from Kabaad”. Put on your hats of creativity, get ready to dirty your hands and let the Battle of Trash begin!! So, junkies are you ready?
To build a working mechanism or a working prototype from given scrap which can perform the given task within the stipulated time.
1.Registrations can be done online through google doc. For those teams who couldn’t register online, on spot registrations are available.
2. The event will commence in the afternoon. The exact time and venue will be specified in the poster.
3. All the required material and stationery will be provided.
1. Form a team of utmost 4 participants with minimum of 2 participants.
2. Each team will be assigned a fixed number of points at the start.
3. All the scrap items will be priced at some points.
4. The teams must purchase the scrap material they need with the points they have.
5. Using the provided stationery the teams are supposed to build a simple project/innovation or the prototype of some product out of the purchased scrap material.
6. Note that only the provided material can be used.
7. All the scrap material required can be purchased at the start or as per need anytime before the time duration ends.
8. The time duration is 3 hours. (May change accordingly)
The team with the highest number of points at the end will be declared the winner.
The basis on which points will be assigned:
-Performance of the prototype
-Strength and robust nature
-Importance and contribution in everyday lives.
The decision of the judges will be final.
The whole event constitutes of 1 single round. The winners will be decided at the end of day and the final prizes will be given according to their ranks in points table.